First of all, to effectively and efficiently make good graphics, certain rules and self-made regulations need to be followed so that, the outcome is favorable and appealing to both the consumer or the viewer looking at it as well as the creator finds it easy and relaxing to indulge into the graphic design process.
Graphic designers devise strategies and effective means to start the graphic design process and then improvise at each and every step to make sure that the content stays original and authentic.
The primary factor in designing any graphic is to abide strictly by the needs and guidelines provided by the client. The client is our first and foremost priority so that his/her decisions are kept most important and any improvisation or straying out of the way of the project needs consultation and affirmation from the client and then put ahead into the mainstream. The client needs to debrief the designers of what he/she wants particularly and also the fact that what he/she does not want stated clearly with no grey areas left about what the graphic needs to offer. This could be done using either a one-on- one meeting with the client or just simply asking the client to fill a simple but elaborate questionnaire so that all of the requirements of the client are documented and in need of any future reference can be reproduced without any contradiction.
PHOTOSHOPPING THE GRAPHIC
According to Graphic Design Company in the United States, Adobe Photoshop is probably the most well-known and most commonly used graphics editor in the world at the moment with an unparalleled user base. Adobe Photoshop CC is a subscription-based service where a monthly premium is paid to use the creative cloud feature and many more features that are not present in the regular version of the software.
Changing the Color elements in a photograph
The first step in manipulating or creating new graphics is making use of the already existing ones and customize them to our liking. For this we change the color of selected elements in a photo and change them to suit our purpose. This is especially important or useful when trying to highlight or subdue some objects in the photograph.
- Open the photograph and focus in on the area that needs color change. Editing at 100% scale is recommended
- Using the Adjustments panel, select the channel mixer to create a new mask to alter the colors on the predefined area
- Negative mask is preferable as small areas of color adjustment are used using Cmd/Ctrl + I to convert the mask from white to black.
- Next, we select the desired areas of color manipulation in our layer mask, using either curve tools or redefine edge. Brushing in the area is also possible if small areas are to be selected.
- Back to Adjustments panel, now in the output channel drop down menu select the color filters you need to apply and the colors you need to adjust.
- Any sort of color combination can be achieved to give the predefined area the desired color.
- After the touching up, the brush could be used to neat up the areas selected.
Creating Type-Art using Photoshop
Type-Art or Written posters are very much the talk of the town as they add a little bit of flavor and character to otherwise boring and bland posters or brochures. They not only grab the attention of the viewer but also the fact that they are the most effective means of conveying a message from one to the other,
- First create a new file and then select the poster size of your choice, A4 is probably the most common option
- Type the text that you want to appear on the poster using your desired font and then create an outline using type > Create Outline, or Cmd/Ctrl + Shift + O, make any adjustments to your type using the Direct Selection tool (the white arrow), then use the Pen tool (P) to create swirls where you’d like the line to flow. These don’t need to be precise – you can adjust them later.
- A new layer is added and then use the pen tool to create whatever new pattern you want ot design for aesthetic appeal and also use blending operations We’re going to create a shadow inside the typeface, so you need to be clear how you want your type to flow. The trick is that the beginning and end of both lines should be in the same vertical and horizontal axis and shouldn’t be too far from one another.
- Change the lines to contrasting colors and use the blend tool and click at the end or start of the line
- Once you have made the desired curves in the Type face of your image, modify the curves using (making them larger (Cmd/Ctrl +]) or smaller (Cmd/Ctrl + [))
- Then using the Draft layer, we guide the curves to our liking
- A brush is created to make strokes along these lines and curves, then click the Brush symbol and choose New Brush > New Art Brush > Proportional
- A pen tool is chosen to follow the curves and lines created in the previous steps
- The pen tool opacity is fidgeted with to gain the desired effect
- Decorations to the poster are done using the ellipsis tool (to add circles)
- The top layer is added with new colors using the brush tools, use this to invert colors Cmd/Ctrl + Shift + I
- The black layer is deleted
The letters are made to glow with select Layer Style > Outer Glow and pick the color you want. Set the opacity to 20%, the noise to 0, the spread to 14%, the size to 38% and the range to s50%. You can apply these settings to other layers too if you like.